Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Golden Butterfly Collage

I had fun making this one. I think at the time I was very stressed and I  needed to convert my energy into something that I enjoy doing.  In this piece I got to tear paper to pieces without a care in the world.  I love collages because you don't have to be so mathematical about how things go.  It is a messy process. But i love how it comes out in the end.

I made this piece out of white linen, shredded paper, and heaver paper that had a picture on it. One had a butterfly which i placed in the middle.  The rest was shredded up decorative paper.  After shredding all of the paper, we mixed glue and water together. I applied it onto the cloth then applied it again onto the pieces  then we applied some tissue on top of that.   The hard part was waiting.   I believe I added some paint too .  After allowing it to dry I sprayed some gold paint and then used  butterfly stencils to make the butterfly 

No comments:

Post a Comment